Ruins of old church in Creevaghbawn
Extract from Killererin - A Parish History pps
The significant Creevaghbaun ecclesiastical site which was first settled by the Carmelite Friars in 1332, is located mainly in the townland of Crrevaghbaun. hence the name, while the nearby holy well and sweathouse, or teach alais, are both located in the townland of Kilmore , or Culmore. Today the site consists of the remains of an ancient Carmelite church, a burial ground and the aforementioned sweathouse and holy well.
Different spellings for this area, including Creevaghbawn, Creevaghbaun, Crevaghbane, amongst other variations, are noted in various articles and records over the centuries.