Bell Tower/Stand, Barnaderg
Bell tower/stand, St. Mary's Church, Killererin
Killererin Heritage Society
Freestanding cast-iron bell stand, made by Byrne of Dublin c.1920, comprising round columns on flat plates bolted into concrete plinth, and having fluted lower parts, moulded bands above and to top of columns, with bands of acanthus leaves, columns supporting girders in turn supporting decorative cast-iron supports for bronze bell.
This is a standard bell tower stand design frequently used where there is no bellcote and is distinguished by very good quality cast details, especially to the columns.
Reg. No. 30404409 Date 1910 – 1930 Townland CARROWMANAGH (TIAQUIN BY)
County Co. Galway Coordinates 151534, 247167
Categories of Special Interest ARCHITECTURAL ARTISTIc, SOCIAL.
Rating: Regional, Original Use: bell tower/stand, In Use As bell tower/stand.
This information is published in Killererin – A Parish History which is available for purchase elsewhere on this site.