Protected Structures in Killererin

Researched for Killererin - A Parish History by Seamus Morrissey, Killererin Heritage Committee

Entrance to Barbersfort House
Bernadette Forde - 2015
Parish pump dating from c. 1870
Bernadette Forde, taken in 2015

The following is a list of protected structures in Killererin which was published in our Parish History book in 2015

  1. Entrance to Barbersfort House known locally as The Grand Gates
  2. Parish pump located in the village of Barnaderg
  3. Grotto located in Barnaderg village
  4. Road Bridge in Brackloon
  5. Single span railway bridge 1, Brackloon built  c. 1880
  6. Single span railway bridge 2, Brooklodge Demesne built c. 1900
  7. Single arch bridge, Brook Lodge built c. 1770
  8. Single span bridge, Brook Lodge, built c. 1890
  9. Detached random rubble stone icehouse, Brook Lodge, Co. Galway
  10. Detached 5 bay 2-storey country house built c. 1770
  11. Farmyard to Brook Lodge country house
  12. Pallas Bridge – single arch limestone road bridge over Abbert river
  13. Free-standing casr-iron bell-stand made by Byrne of Dublin c. 1920
  14. Castlemoyle – detached roofless country housecomprising 2 blocks built c. 1780
  15. Ballyglunin Railway Station built in 1860 has 5-bay front elevation and 8-bay trackside elevation
  16. Free-standing 3 bay double height single storey goods shed built c. 1890
  17. Cahergal Bridge – seven arch limestone bridge built c 1740
  18. Toghermore House – Detached L plan 2 storey housebuilt c. 1840

A detailed description of each structure can be found elsewhere on this site.

This page was added on 14/03/2018.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *