This recipe is associated with our family because my granny used to make it for my Dad and brother when they were young and the recipe has carried on through the family ever since.
You will need this to make Boxty
- 50g of plain flour
- 4 large potatoes peeled and grated
- 1 egg beaten
- Pinch of Bread Soda sieved
- Salt and pepper (as much as you like)
- Oil for frying
How to make it
- Put grated potatoes, flour, bread soda, egg, salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Mix well until all ingredients are blended together. Use as soon as mixture is mixed. Do not allow to stand as the mixture can discolour.
- Heat a little oil on a frying pan. When hot, drop spoonfuls of mixture on to pan and fry for about 3 to 4 minutes. Then turn the other side
- Boxty should be golden brown when cooked.
- Serve hot!